Friday, January 8, 2016

Tacticool is Not

*** For some reason my picture of a KSG shotgun is not showing up. I'll update soon. In the meantime you can follow this link to see what I'm talking about. KSG Shotgun

This is a prime example of something tactical and cool, when mashed together, just becomes tacticool. Which is actually a bad thing.  On the tactical side of this you have a 13 round short shotgun. Because of its size you can maneuver it easily in and through doorways and other tight spaces.  You could fill this thing with buck shot or heavy bird shot and have one heck of a nice home defense weapon. All of this is assuming of course that KelTec makes a reliable weapon system.  The verdict is still out on that one for me.  Yup I just went there.

On the cool side of things you have mostly aesthetics. This gun looks mean that's for sure! Sometimes that's half the battle am I right? It has an Eotech optic which makes it totally tactical right? Well maybe, but what's going on with the backup iron sights? Honestly does anyone need sights on a close range shotgun? It's clearly not the tool of choice for taking that precise head shot at any distance. Again, short gun, short barrel, ammo that spreads; this equals close range weapon. With buckshot or birdshot in a shotgun, the human weapon system has the intuitive ability to just point and shoot. I'm not even sure what the Eotech is there for.  It looks cool and maybe that's all it's intended to do.

I would personally own this gun if someone could prove to me that KelTec is a reliable brand, but I would not be putting sights of any kind on it.  As I'm saying that it just came to mind that a laser would make a great aiming tool for this kind of setup. And before anyone comments, I'll point out that lasers make a lot of sense.  Without getting into too much science; our bodies tend to tunnel vision on the threat, and our ability to do fine motor skills such as aligning tiny iron sights are made extremely difficult. A laser allows you to focus on your threat and, Oh would you look at that, there's my laser dot easily visible on bandits chest! So i'd use one of these for home defense with birdshot and a laser. The laser to get me roughly on target, and the birdshot to spread out and eliminate my margin of error.

Your comments are always welcome...

-ME





No comments:

Post a Comment