Monday, May 16, 2016

Glock Mag Winning

I recently discovered a product that I think is an absolute necessity if you carry a Glock 42 or 43 for personal defense. It's called the E.M.P. by Strike Industries.  EMP stands for Enhanced Magazine Plate, and it changes the capacity of your magazine on the 42 from 6 rounds to 8.  Most of us carry with a round chambered, so that means 9 rounds of get the heck away from me!

              

The new floor plate adds approximately 1.5 inches to the grip length of your pistol, but I haven't noticed the extra length while carrying it. I carry in the appendix position and have had no issues adjusting to this change. If you carry at the three through five o'clock position, you may have to be slightly more aware of printing. Especially as you bend over or reach overhead.

Here's a photo of the magazine next to the Pierce Grip extension. The Pierce doesn't add to the round count, it just adds to the length, making it easier to get a full grip on the pistol. 

As far as I can tell there is only one thing that I would call a "negative", and even then it's borderline. This being the fact that the mag extension doesn't perfectly line up with the grip on the gun. You can see what I mean in the photo below
I guess it's just the perfectionist in me, but seriously, couldn't the designers have made the extension fit a little nicer? I don't see this gap as a problem.  You don't notice it while gripping the pistol, it's simply an aesthetic complaint.
Attempt to locate.  Make your own case.  Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment