Tuesday, July 19, 2016

What will You do?

Today I heard a commentator at the Republican national convention ask a senator for his gut sense about who would win the election between Trump and Clinton.
It wasn't the fact that he said Hillary that caught my attention, it was How he said it. There was no hesitation in his voice. Almost as if he already knew what was going to happen. Also, he was afraid. There was fear in his voice. 

I think this hit home for me because I feel the exact same way. I can't get it out of my head. I didn't think I would personally witness the downfall of America in my lifetime, but I am seriously worried about what the future holds for me and especially my children. 

...thinking about that sucks. I pray with all my heart that the senator is wrong. 

I just think we (America) have been the frog heated up slowly in the pot for too long. I wonder if there's any way to get our nation back peacefully? It makes me sad because I see us going down a path that leads to chaos and that's horrible. There's another side of me that would welcome revolution and civil war so we can clean the slate. There's peace to be found on the other side of war. I think we are no longer inching our way closer to this, we are in fact taking large leaps towards it. 

All of this to say, where do you stand?  Are you prepared for civil unrest? Removal of your freedoms? Confiscation of your guns? Martial law? All out war? 
Are you willing to sacrifice? To what degree? Will you go to jail? Will you trade your life for a mere chance of opening the eyes of others? 

Think honestly and deeply about these things. The time is coming when your convictions and principles will be tested. 
How will you answer the call?

--ME

No comments:

Post a Comment