Friday, February 19, 2016

Book Review



Here's a brief book review on Clint Emerson's 100 Deadly Skills.

Let me start by saying that I purchased this in the audio book format.  If the paperback book contains photos and illustrations I have no knowledge of them.

This book contains 100 skills that are undeniably helpful for the tactical minded. The author talks about eluding pursuers, escape and evasion techniques, lock picking, personal security, hand to hand combat and many other topics. The point of this book review is simply to state whether I think it's worth your time and money and also to make note of what you can expect from a "form and function" standpoint.
I am a common sense thinker (read unintelligent if you want) to a fault sometimes. So when I read or listen to a book, I need to take away some information or skills that I can immediately put into practice without having any prior knowledge of the ideas or concepts.

The 100 skills mentioned in this book are excellent food-for-thought items that everyone should consider when developing a personal security plan or training regimen. The problem is that very little time is spent explaining them in a more detailed fashion. I consider myself a fairly well trained individual yet many of these skills were difficult for me to comprehend. Some of them, military in nature, were obviously foreign to me as I have never been a Navy SEAL like the author. I guess my point is just to say that, if you are wanting a step by step instructional book, then this will not satisfy. It's very vague. The author may have done this intentionally due to the sensitive nature of much of this information.

What you will take away from this book is an extensive list of things you may not have thought about as it relates to grey man strategies or personal security. It is Not a disappointment. I do Not regret purchasing the book. Is it worth your time and money? I would say yes unless you already have a fairly high level of training with firearms, self defense, lock picking, camouflage, escape and evasion, evasive driving techniques, etc.

-ME

No comments:

Post a Comment