Thursday, February 25, 2016

Lock Picking Like A Thief

Why in the world would I need to know how to pick locks? I'm not planning on stealing a car or breaking into someone's house! I'm not considering a career change as a locksmith either.
However in a SHTF situation I may find a need for my family to take shelter in an abandoned vehicle or house. I will willingly break the law if it means protecting or providing for my family. I'm quite certain you would too.



The reason I have decided to write about this today is that I recently attended an abbreviated training course through a company called SEREPICK.  And here at the outset let me say that Serepick only teaches the lawful use of these skills to MIL,LE, and Security professionals.
I love being "wowed" when it comes to learning new things, because honestly, I've been around. Tactical and law enforcement training is not new to me, so when I learn a new skill set that I have not previously even considered, I thoroughly enjoy it.  I learned how to fabricate new keys by taking a key impression, successfully "jiggled" open a car door, and found out just how easy it is to bypass most padlocks. (To my L.E. readers - someone needs to invent a truly secure set of handcuffs, just saying)



I learned so much cool stuff in this short 4 hour course that I will absolutely be taking a 4 Day course through SEREPICK as soon as time and funds allow. Within days of learning my new skills they were put to the test due to a friend of mine locking his keys in his truck. Picked the lock in under ten seconds! No joke. I was only slightly less surprised than he was.  Every single door lock has become interesting to me all of a sudden. So far I can't break in to my own house, but I'm chalking that up to tiny, almost unusable pick tools. (my hands are somewhat large) I'll be ordering a proper pick set soon and then I believe the job will be much easier. (update: I can now defeat my front door deadbolt)

Being interested in grey man tactics, I hope you see the relevance of this skill set for your preparedness and personal security. I have been able to identify quite a few probable scenarios and situations where knowing how to silently and quickly gain entry into vehicles and buildings would be very handy.  Not just handy, they could save my life or that of my family. Here's a video from Imminent Threat Solutions to peak your interest. Enjoy!
ITS Lockpicking


-ME

No comments:

Post a Comment